‘We are the sum of our actions; therefore, our habits make all the difference’ (Aristotle)
Nearly 20 years of experience in corporate training has shown us at ELP that, ‘Success in everything comes down to mastering the basics.’ As we strive to provide our clients with a substantial Return on Investment in training, we know that this can only be achieved when participants actually put their learning into practice in the real world. The knock-on effect of such new behaviour, as explained in the Kirkpatrick Model, is how those results are achieved.
In the search for a way to transform such learning, we discovered the work of Professor BJ Fogg of Stanford University. We find that by integrating the behaviour design skills known as ‘Tiny Habits’ into our learning programs, learners have much higher ability and motivation to take their inspiring new knowledge and implement it immediately into their working practice.
90 minutes’ on-line Habit Training
This training is intended for anyone who agrees that ‘if you always do what you always did, you will always get (less of) what you always got’ Participants can take this training either before or after the complimentary five-day experience. The training enables you to use the foundation of Tiny Habits to reach those bigger goals which you have in both your personal and your professional life. Sustainable habits create sustainable change!
Is a lack of motivation getting in the way of results? (either personal or professional)
Have you ever told yourself that with a bit more Self Discipline, you would do things differently?
- How often have you thought (but not succeeded) to stop a bad habit or start a good habit?
- What would it do for you, to turn your ‘knowledge & experience‘ of sales; good parenting; being the person you want to be, into real daily practice?
- How much control do you have over your own habits? Your own performance, your life?
We all would like to adopt certain (profitable) habits in our life, and stop others which do not benefit us! Wouldn’t we?
Such habits may be connected to health
- How does it feel to start a diet on January the first and give up by January the 5th?
- Who would like to stop smoking or start exercising more?
- What if a new habit to reduce stress, anxiety or fear could become automatic?
… others connected to our wealth…
- What would it look like to you to BE MORE THAN JUST MOTIVATED by a new Sales Technique? To actually TURN THAT RHETORIC INTO RESULTS? (motivation doesn’t change behaviour for long – just remember that fruit juicer, or home fitness machine you were motivated to buy and never used) You will discover how Tiny Habits work, even when motivation fluctuates.
- When investing in training for yourself or for others, how can you guarantee it becomes a daily practice? We all leave training sessions with good intentions and by the following week, many of us find our notes placed neatly on the shelf with all of those other ‘great ideas,’ that we’ll one day make a habit.
THIS TRAINING IS LESS ABOUT KNOWING WHAT TO DO; IT IS ABOUT DOING WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW (as a habit)
This 90-minute online session provides you with the foundation needed to put your 5-day experiential learning into practice in order to Impact Performance in the areas of your choice. IT TAKES YOU FROM TINY HABITS TO BIG CHANGES.
After the 90-minute interactive online session, you only need to practice for 3 minutes a day for five days. By answering a daily E-mail, you will then be rewarded by personal on-line coaching to help you learn the steps to achieve your chosen personal and professional aspirations.
For any Habit to grow it must first be planted in the right place, with all the right conditions for that particular behaviour.
When you agree that we know your ‘Ultimate Success Outcomes®’, only then can we talk with you about a possible Return on Investment from our training and coaching.
we look forward to meeting you
THE BJ FOGG BEHAVIOR MODEL©
The Fogg Behavior Model shows that three elements must converge at the same moment for a behaviour to occur: Motivation, Ability, and a Prompt. When a behaviour does not occur, at least one of those three elements is missing. … In other words, Motivation and Ability have a compensatory relationship to each other.
As with many other theories about habitual behaviour, there is a prompt which triggers a behaviour. At ELP we call this a ‘spark’.
For this spark to bring life to the new behaviour, the behaviour itself must be positioned above the action line ( the curve on the diagram)
In essence, this requires new behaviour to be easy to do and to have a small amount of motivation.
Desired behaviours which fall below this actions line are those which are difficult to do and therefore reducing the practitioner’s ability to do it. Even if one is highly motivated to undertake such a new behaviour, it will remain simply as knowledge and no amount of prompting will be sufficient to spark it into life.
As Easy as A-B-C
the process of introducing the Tiny Habits method into your daily life could not be easier. You need simply remember the letters A, B, C.
A stands for ‘Anchor’ moment – This is an existing regular behaviour which you have and which you choose to become the spark for the new behaviour (B). This new behaviour (B) as you already know from the Fogg behaviour model must be TINY. It should take no longer than thirty seconds. (*now that just squashed any excuse for not having enough time, didn’t it?)
C is for Celebrate – Since habits are often built on emotions, it is important to create this emotion after successfully doing your 30-second behaviour by celebrating. .This can be anything from a loud high-five to a subtle whisper to yourself saying, ‘well done.’
Select YOUR Anchor moment = existing habit e.g. brushing teeth, drinking coffee.
What is the new Behaviour YOU would like to have?
* It must be ‘Tiny’
Celebrating is ESSENTIAL (Dopamine release & Emotion connected with success)
** The most important (and often most neglected step in the process
THE 5-DAY TINY HABITS© EXPERIENCE
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” (Confucious)
NEXT, YOU WILL PRACTICE FOR AROUND 5 MINUTES EACH DAY FOR 5 DAYS 🙂 ( SO I DON’T THINK TIME WILL BE AN ISSUE. DO YOU? )
- is Simple.
- it Focuses on learning, not perfection ( no failure – only feedback )
- and Like with other skills, as you learn, you will modify your approach as you go.
Why Motivation cannot be relied on
Motivation is like a wave on the ocean. They are great to ride high until they come crashing the shore. Have you ever felt super motivated to do something new, only to fee quite different the following day? Perhaps you bought some home exercise equipment or a juicer. How long was it before you put that new equipment away or it began to gather dust from disuse? That’s why at Tiny Habit we do not count on motivation to support our new habits, it is simply not reliable.
Coaching for Corporate ROI
Coaching follow up strengthens results
Pragmatic – Jargon-free- Independent – Experienced -Objective – certified Habiteer©
Why Coaching form ELP?
- WE HVE DONE IT BEFORE
- EVERY TINY HABIT COACH HAS STRUGGLED WITH THEIR OWN YEARNING TO INTRODUCE NEW BEHAVIOURS FOR THEMSELVES – WE KNOW THE DIFFICULTIES AND THAT’S WHY THERE IS NOT BETTER PERSON TO WATCH YOU SUPPORT YOU AND TO ASK YOU THE RIGHT QUESTIONS WHICH HELP YOU DECIDE THE BEST STRATEGY TO EMBED THAT NEW HABIT AND PERFORMANCE.
- WE ARE NOT A PART OF YOUR ORGANISATION – OUR WORK WITH INDIVIDUALS IS CONFIDENTIAL. PRTICIPANTS OF OUR TRAINING OPEN UP TO THEIR TRAINERS AND COACHES IN A WAY THET MIGHT NOT DO THEIR OWN MANAGERS.